1. Project Details
2. Project Information
Describe below, in no more than 300 words, why this project/product should win the Smart Farming Innovation Award.
Please note: If your nomination is shortlisted, this abstract may be used on to present the winning projects, you are advised to make this as strong as possible. (SIAFD reserves the right to edit this text for grammatical changes and consistency before it is published online for voting.)
Please use no more than 300 words in the description,
All entries will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Originality of innovation.
- Impact of innovation – scale of impact, type of impact (social, economic, ease of use, etc.).
- Practicality of innovation.
3. Support Material
Please address the following questions to provide additional information for the judging process:
- What was the business challenge this innovation was designed to solve?
- What role did your Smart solution play in this solving the problem?
- How was your solution(s) innovative?
- What can the farmer do now that they could not do before? Is this an industry first?
- What decision/s could the farm business make because they used this Smart approach? – What is the potential value to a farm business of utilising this technology.
Please submit up to three case studies to support your pieces of supplementary information to support your entry, for example: data to prove success, screen shots, reports, financial results, documents from independent research organizations, news stories from relevant media outlets, relevant copies of press releases and testimonials from clients.
The focus will be on how the Smart solution enables the farmer to make a better or more valuable decision. A summary of this information will be sent to you after you have submitted this form.
All supplementary documents, which must be in Word or PDF format, should also include the name of your company, the name of the project and the product used, and the details of your primary contact person.
Supplementary information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In these e-mails, please include the unique reference that will be e-mailed to you after you submit this form.
4. Terms & Conditions
Entries will be judged by a panel comprised of industry analysts and farmers
Judging will take place during January 2019. The winner of the Agri Magic Smart Farming Award will be announced in the week prior to the South Island Agricultural Field Days in March 2019.
All entrants must be prepared to man a small "pop-up" site showcasing Smart Farming Innovations in the covered sites along with other competition entrants.
Note that the Judges Decision will be final.
By submitting this entry, you are agreeing to have your company name publicly announced in association with the South Island Agricultural Field Days.
5. Submit Entry