Describe below, in no more than 300 words, why this project/product should win the Agri-Innovation Award.
Please use no more than 300 words in the description,
Conditions of Entry:
- Entries must either incorporate some new principle or do something new that is of specific benefit to the farmer. The new concept must not, to the knowledge of the judges, have been incorporated in any other item marketed at present.
- Changes of design, construction or arrangement which do not involve any new working principle will not qualify for entry.
- To qualify for entry at least 50% of the cost of the finished product must be from New Zealand components.
- Entries must be available throughout New Zealand prior to 20 January 2019. Entries must not have been available prior to the previous South Island Agricultural Field Days 2017.
- The item presented for testing must be taken from production stock, and must not be modified.
- All entries must comply with all safety regulations. Failure to do so will invalidate entry.
- If an award is given for only part of an item, then it must be made clear in advertising that the award applies only to that part.
- Entrants may submit more than one entry.
Judging The Field Days Committee will appoint expert, independent and unbiased judges, with knowledge in agricultural engineering, mechanical engineering and practical farming.
Judging will begin at 9:00 am on Wednesday 27 March 2019, an email will be sent to the Contact Name listed on the entry form with an estimated time of judging for an entry at least one week prior to judging.
Testing of entries will be done where possible, entrants should supply an experienced operator to carry out demonstration and testing. Awards will be made to any entries gaining a sufficient degree of merit and the judges reserve the right not to make an award.
Note that the Judges Decision will be final.
Issue of Awards Award winners will be announced at 4:30pm on Wednesday 27 March 2019.
By submitting this entry, you are agreeing to have your company name publicly announced in association with the South Island Agricultural Field Days.
4. Submit Entry
Anti-spam: Captcha *